VINYL CARE AND MAINTENANCE
Within the easy maintenance of a resilient floor, there is no concern when it comes to spots, spills, or scuffs left by shoes. By observing a few precautions, and with proper care and maintenance, you can ensure that your vinyl floor always looks its best.
The adhesive under your floor needs time to thoroughly dry after installation. Therefore, we recommend that you do not scrub or wash your floor for at least three days after it is installed.
For general cleaning, sweep your floor regularly (at least once a week) and be sure to wipe up spills promptly. Occasional mopping with the manufacturer’s recommended cleaning solution may be needed when dirt builds up and sweeping alone is not sufficient. Please note that soap or detergent products are not recommended for resilient floors as they will leave a dulling film on the surface. The Flex Floor products, however, can be cleaned with a damp mop and mild detergent or soap.
Caution: Vinyl floors can be slippery when they become wet. Use extreme caution when walking on a wet floor. Use doormats outside each entrance to your home to prevent dirt, sand, grit, and other substances such as oil, asphalt, and driveway sealer from being tracked onto your floor. Use non-staining mats on your floor. Do not put rubber-backed, latex-backed, or coco fiber mats on your floor because they may stain or damage the surface.
Close your curtains or blinds where extreme sunlight hits the floor. A combination of heat and sunlight causes most home furnishings, including vinyl floors, to fade or discolor.
Support furniture with wide bearing, non-staining floor protectors. Ideally, the protectors should be at least 1” in diameter, made of non-pigmented hard plastic, and rest flat on the floor.
Non-staining felt protectors are also acceptable. Casters with a minimum ¾” flat surface width or greater are recommended for all moveable furniture. Make sure any floor protectors made of metal are rust proof. Replace your narrow dome furniture rests with wide-bearing ones.
CLEANING STAINS AND OTHER PROBLEMS
The overall stain resistance of vinyl is excellent and most spills will wipe off quickly and easily with a clean white cloth. Removing certain substances may take a little extra effort. Always use a clean, white cloth for wiping up stains, and turn it frequently to avoid spreading the stains. Rinse with clean water and allow area to dry. Repeat if necessary.
GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR VINYL WARRANTIES
In addition to the requirements specified for each respective limited warranty, the following general terms and conditions apply to each of the limited warranties unless otherwise specified.
- These limited warranties apply only to vinyl installed in owner-occupied residential space where no commercial activity takes place.
- These limited warranties apply only to the original purchaser and installation site and are not transferable.
- These limited warranties exclude vinyl flooring that has been put to commercial use, abnormal use or conditions, or abused in any way. “Commercial use” includes, but is not limited to, use in a store, office, or other place of business. “Abnormal use or conditions” includes, but is not limited to, water damage from plumbing, storm or flood; construction related damage; damage caused by vacuum cleaner beater bars; caster wheels; cutting from sharp objects; damage from smoke or fire; or other casualty event. These limited warranties do not cover indentations, scratches, stains, or damage caused by negligence, insufficient furniture protection, or improper alterations of the original manufactured product. “Abuse” is any use of the flooring that is unreasonable considering the normal and expected uses of a vinyl floor in a residence.
- These limited warranties do not apply to stains and damages as a result of rubber or rubber-backed floor mats or coco fiber mats.
- To qualify for repair or replacement, the original sales receipt or other documentation which demonstrates proof of purchase must be supplied.
- These warranties apply only to residential installations performed by a Carpet One Floor and Home retailer or authorized independent contractor.
- CARPET ONE FLOOR AND HOME SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES BASED UPONG THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES, CONTRACTS, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL CLAIM. Some states and provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusions may not apply to you. The foregoing warranties give you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state or province to province.
- If there is a conflict between these general terms and conditions and the terms and conditions of the warranties as specified, the terms and conditions of the warranties as specified shall control.