You know you are getting a long-lasting beautiful floor when you purchase a resilient floor for your home. Carpet One Floor & Home® or SelectAFloor™ resilient is guaranteed not to rip, tear, gouge, or permanently indent from normal household use for the length of the specified warranty term.
A properly cared for resilient floor will retain its appearance for years to come. Support furniture with wide-bearing, non-staining floor protectors. Ideally, the protectors should be at least 1” in diameter, made of non-pigmented, hard plastic, and rest flat on the floor. Non-staining felt protectors are also acceptable. Caster with a minimum ¾” flat surface width or greater are recommended for all moveable furniture. Make sure any floor protectors made of metal are rust proof. Replace your narrow dome furniture rests with wide-bearing ones. If you need to move heavy furniture and/or appliances (such as your refrigerator), across the floor, always use strips of wood or hardboard runways to protect the floor (even if you have an appliance dolly or if the heavy objects are equipped with wheels or rollers).
Construction damage, installation-related damage, or damage caused by vacuum cleaner beater bar, pet nails, spiked-heel shoes, or sharp cutting objects are not covered by this warranty. Abuse, misuse, vandalism, as well as casualty events are also exclude® from this warranty.
Should your SelectAFloor™ resilient floor fail to perform in accordance with this warranty, your Carpet One Floor & Home® retailer will repair or replace the affected area.
Limited Installation Warranty
Your Carpet One Floor & Home® retailer guarantees the quality of workmanship to be professional and in keeping with the standards set by the industry. Should further service be required attributable to the original installation of your resilient floor, your Carpet One Floor & Home® retailer will return and provide that service at no cost to you for the life of the floor. “Life of Floor” means the length of the Limited Wear Warranty specified by the warranty level corresponding to the resilient you purchased. Surface wear must be readily visible, approximately ½ inch square or greater.
This Limited Installation Warranty applies only to the original purchaser and installation site and is not transferable. This limited Installation Warranty applies only to residential installations performed by a Carpet One Floor & Home® retailer or Carpet One Floor & Home® authorized independent installer. Rental units are not covered.
General Terms and Conditions for Resilient Warranties
In addition to the requirements specified for each respective limited warranty, the following general terms and conditions apply to each of the limited warranties unless otherwise specified.
- These limited warranties apply only to resilient installed in owner-occupied residential space where no commercial activity takes place. For purposes of these limited warranties, the terms “commercial activity” and “commercial application” shall mean an activity or application engaged in for business purposes, regardless of where such activity or application takes place, including but not limited to, such activity or application taking place in a store, office, warehouse, plant, facility or other place of business or residential dwelling.
- These limited warranties apply only to the original purchaser and installation site and are not transferable.
- These limited warranties exclude resilient flooring that has been put to abnormal use or conditions or abused in any way. “Abnormal use or conditions” includes, but is not limited to, water damage from plumbing, storm, or flood; construction related damage; damage caused by vacuum cleaner beater bar; caster wheels; cutting from sharp objects; damage from smoke or fire; or other casualty event. These limited warranties do not cover indentation, scratches, stains; or damage caused by negligence, insufficient furniture protection, or improper alterations of the original manufactured product. “Abuse” is any use of the flooring that is unreasonable considering the normal and expected uses of a resilient floor in a residence.
- These limited warranties do not apply to stains and damages as a result of rubber or rubber-backed floor mats or coco fiber mats.
- To qualify for repair or replacement, the original sales receipt or other documentation with demonstrates proof of purchase must be supplied.
- These warranties apply only to residential installations performed by a Carpet One Floor & Home® retailer or Carpet One Floor & Home® authorized independent installer.
- CARPET ONE FLOOR & HOME® SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES BASED UPON THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES, CONTRACTS, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL CLAIM. Some states and provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitations or exclusion may not apply to you. The foregoing warranties give you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state or province to province.
- If there is a conflict between these general terms and conditions and the limited warranties as specified, the limited warranties as specified shall control.
- The terms of the warranty begin on the date of the installation.