In addition to the requirements specified for each respective limited warranty, the following general terms and conditions apply to each of the limited warranties unless otherwise specified.
1. These limited warranties apply only to hardwood installed in owner-occupied residential space where no commercial activity takes place. Some styles are approved for commercial use (see label on back of sample for approved styles) and for only those styles specifically designated as approved for commercial use, the manufacturers' warranties apply.
For purposes of these limited warranties, the terms “commercial activity” and “commercial application” shall mean an activity or application engaged in for business purposes, regardless of where such activity or application taking place, including but not limited to, such activity or application taking place in a store, office, warehouse, plant, facility or other place of business or residential dwelling.
2. These limited warranties apply to flooring purchased after October 1, 2010 only to the original purchaser and installation site and are not transferable.
3. These limited warranties exclude wood flooring that has been put to abnormal use or conditions, or abused in any way. “Abnormal use or conditions” includes, but is not limited to, water damage from plumbing, storm, or floor; damage from smoke, fire, uncontrolled humidity and/or temperatures in the residence; or other casualty event. “Abuse” is any use of the flooring that is unreasonable considering the normal and expected uses of a hardwood floor in a residence.
4. These limited warranties do not cover indentations, scratches, stains, or damage caused by negligence, moisture, erosion, pebbles, sand or other abrasives, pets, spiked-heel shoes, color variations, naturally occurring wood characteristics, insufficient furniture protection, or improper alterations of the original manufactured product. They also do not apply to damages from exposure to extreme heat, dryness, or water saturation in any form including wet mopping, steam cleaning, insects, erosion, pebbles, sand, other abrasives, or stains as a result of chemical or industrial products, other than recommended cleaning products. Minor separations between boards do occur and are not covered by a warranty.
5. Normal characteristics are not construed as defects. These warranties do not cover natural color variations of the normal differences between color samples or photographs and colors of installed floors. Reasonable selectivity is required to eliminate objectionable naturally occurring blemishes.
Any product deformity that is not measurable or that is visable only in certain light or from a certain angle is not considered a defect and is therefore not convered by the warranty. Defects are evaluated by their visibilty from reasonable vertical distance (standing height) from the floor.
Product determined to have any possible defect by the person doing the installation should be returned to your Carpet One Floor & Home® retailer for inspection and possible replacement PRIOR TO INSTALLATION.
Carpet One Floor & Home®'s sole liability on any claim shall be limited to the repair or replacement of the defective goods for the affected area only which are proven to the manufacturer's satisfaction to be defective. These warranties expressly exclude consequential or incidental damages.
6. Proof of purchase is necessary to verify all warranty claims. To qualify for repair or replacement, the original sales receipt or other documentation which demonstrates proof of purchase must be supplied.
7. These warranties apply only to residential installations performed by a Carpet One Floor & Home® retailer or Carpet One Floor & Home® authorized independent installer. It must also be installed in accordance with the manufacturer's installation.
8. Due to color variations of product and/or samples, Carpet One Floor & Home® is not responsible for the failure of any hardwood flooring product to match (1) flooring products in adjacent space or (2) other wood products such as cabinets, stair railings, trim, and moldings. A change in shading of the wood is a natural characteristic and does not constitute any type of product defect.
9. CARPET ONE FLOOR & HOME® SHALL UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES BE LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES BASED UPON THE FOREGOING WARRANTIES, CONTRACTS, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, OR ANY OTHER LEGAL CLAIM. Some states or provinces do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you. The foregoing warranties give you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights which vary from state to state or province to province.
10. If there is a conflict between these general terms and conditions and the limited warranties as specified, the limited warranties as specified shall control.
11. The terms of the warranty begin on the date of the installation.
12. Should you feel that your hardwood floor is not performing according to the terms in this warranty, contact your Carpet One Floor & Home® retailer. This warranty is conditioned upon your Carpet One Floor & Home® retailer's receipt of notice in writing of the alleged issue prior to expiration of the limited warranty period and evidence that the floor was properly installed and not subject to any of the conditions herein defined to void the conditions of the warranty. These warranties apply on the condition that installation and regular and preventive maintenance have been carried out as recommended in this guide.